Sunday, January 23, 2011

Insert Cool Blog Post Title Here That Has to Do With Thailand and Other Cool Things That Are Cool To Me and Others

Hello Blog,

I already forgot what I included in my last blog post so I hope I do not repeat anything that would bore potential readers to tears.  The last 10 days I have been with my Homestay Family.  My Mae is fantastic as is my family and the people that wander into the house that might be family or might not be family as well as the 8 cats that are stray, or maybe they are not stray and the 9 dogs and the 1 puppy and the 15 fighting roosters that live under my bed and wake me up at 4:30 every morning and the lizards that eat the mosquitoes in the bathroom where showers are not taken but bucket baths are!  My grammar teachers would not count off......

I have spoken with my mother and she of course is worried about my well being if those of you close to me can not tell by the posts on my facebook wall as well as the concern shown about the roosters in the right hand column of this blog.  I would like to reinforce that I am doing well and I am having a great time in Thailand!  The people are the most generous, I think, in the world.  The culture is taking some getting used to, I don't know how many times I have been scolded for not taking my shoes off before entering the house!  Whoopsadaisy!

I know I am rambling and not telling any stories in full but I want to get as much information out in the short time I have for lunch here at the school.  In order to do so I will get a quick run down of lots of different things......

Ready....

My house/room is great and spacious
I eat close to 7 times a day (Gin Kao Boy!) =  Eat RICE!
Restrooms are going great....western style toilet in my house, still have to use a sprayer....Anyone that would like to know more my inquire, I will oblige!
My family makes fun of me daily...you name it, I can't do it..........Washing clothes, eating correctly, drinking correctly, riding my bike correctly, saying hello correctly (sawatdee krap)...ect ect ect.  I feel like a 3 year old kid.  I have to learn how to speak, write, use the restroom all over again.  I suppose in America, since I feel like I haven't grown up, I am officially qualified as a "Toys-R-Us Kid".


Anyways, Thailand is  fantastic, I am very busy and the people here are wonderful just as I said before!  I will update again, please let me know if you are curious about anything Thailand...The little I know of the country is awesome so far and I can only imagine things are only going to get better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment