Friday, August 26, 2011
I often find myself speaking a different kind of English these days, which could be a credit to my integration into culture, or it could just be me losing my mind. For example, when someone asks me if I like living in Thailand it usually reads something like this "Uhh You-a like uh live in-a Thailand?" and instead of answering in my usual voice with correct grammar my answer instinctively goes something like this "Yes I-uh like verry mush". It honestly reminds me of an old children's story that my dad used to read me when I was a little kid about the boy would couldn't say please; the boy had lost his "please". Well I have lost my English. If I was at all socially awkward before, I have the full blown stuff now.
I don't really have a whole lot to write about today, I am averaging about a post a month on this thing which I believe is enough but here are some things that I am excited about/ are new with me (making lists is much easier).
1. I now steam my own sticky rice at home (Thai people are impressed even if you're not!)
2. My parent's are coming to visit in a couple months (maybe we can have a cooperative post as I know their experiences will be very interesting)
3. It is my brother Joe's birthday in a few days (holla back)
4. Hogs start football in a week or so (Can't wait to listen to Chuck Barrett and get his phenomenal description of those delicious Petit Jean meats)
5. Last but not least, my niece Lynlee started Kindergarten and I heard she is a great student (Love you all)
6. Next time I will be more awesome