Monday, January 10, 2011

Almost There...That's Bidetcious!

Hello Blog....

When I started this blog a couple of weeks ago I did not know how to talk to it (first person, third person).  I currently do not know how to talk to it and it may be a while before blog and I become interwoven and connected in a full on human-blog relationship. Until the relationship blossoms into a beautiful flower please hang with me in my confusedness.

So here I am!  I am in Hotel Nikko in Narita, Japan where grilled squid is served for breakfast, oranges taste like grapefruits and "green drink" tastes all kinds of delicious.  Since this is my first adventure in Asia it is both wonderful and ridiculous that things are so efficient and technology seems more advanced than in the states e.g. the toilet has more buttons than the computer I am currently typing on.  I wanted to put a note in here for my immediate family more so than anyone else and I know I will be showing some humility in order to explain many things on this blog throughout my service.  So here it goes, Pat and Sarah, the bidet is the best thing since sliced bread after the second time. The first time one must figure the difference between "spray" and "bidet" buttons and then the key is to make sure the pressure is not on the highest setting or else it feels a prostate check (at least what I imagine a prostate check would potentially feel like).  What is a blog in my family without talking bodily functions?  It is not one...

Moving on,
I will be headed to Thailand in a couple of hours.  I am extremely excited and thankful that I have so many people, including family and friends, that are excited for the adventure I will be embarking on very soon.  I have never seen such an ecletic, energetic, fun-loving, caring group of people in my life which has also sparked much motivation.  Hopefully everyone reading this has my email address and can contact me, I will appreciate even the slightest encouragements!  I will update again when I have a chance, in the mean time take care and much love.

P.S.
My skype name is LukeFries3...Please email me yours or just add me on Skype or whatever you do with Skype and hopefully we can Skype and Tweeter and stuff.  It will be awesome!

Cheers,

Luke

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try the bidet! Maybe when Pat lets me come visit I will get to try it!!

    Also, the food sounds very interesting! Great job on updating the blog! We love getting to hear about your experience!

    ReplyDelete